As communication channels continue to evolve, phone support is more important than ever. It provides a personal touch, helps you build rapport, and create a closer relationship with potential customers. Phone calls are more convenient than emails and text messages and provide better results than social media channels.
VoIP business phone systems are invaluable to businesses today, as they help you communicate with your customers efficiently. This type of technology will allow you to provide great customer service and increase your customers’ satisfaction.
Today, we are going to review RingDNA (now called Revenue.io) software that helps you improve your customer service. We will also review RingDNA competitors so you can select the one that best fits your needs. But before we dive into the details, let’s start with some basic information about this provider.
RingDNA (Revenue.io) sales acceleration platform
RingDNA combines a conversation intelligence platform with a VoIP business phone system to help your sales teams accelerate revenue growth and improve overall sales performance. It lets you streamline your outbound and inbound activities and automate your sales process.
With this tool, your sales team can track and monitor all sales activities on one platform. It helps your sales representatives increase sales engagement, improve conversion rates, close more deals, or discover new opportunities for revenue growth.
Who uses RingDNA (Revenue.io)
RingDNA integrates with SalesForce, so it’s a popular solution among SalesForce users. Also, it is a good option for sales and marketing leaders, sales teams, and customer success teams. It is suitable for many industries but is most commonly used in technology, financial services, healthcare, and real estate.
Revenue growth with RingDNA (Revenue.io)
RingDNA is a sales software that helps you scale your business. It has an Intelligent Dialer feature that lets you automate your sales process and increase your sales team productivity. With the Intelligent Dialer feature, your sales professionals can:
- Dial leads from local phone numbers
- Click-to-dial from Salesforce, Gmail, or Microsoft Outlook
- Make sales calls, send text messages, or send emails automatically
- Record each sale call for coaching purposes
- Leave pre-recorded voicemails to unresponsive customers
- Leave important notes about each call to other employees
RingDNA (Revenue.io) support
If you experience any problems using the RingDNA product, you have several ways to get in touch with their customer service. You can visit the knowledge base on their website, send them an email, or use chat to speak with a customer service representative.
RingDNA (Revenue.io) pricing
There are no pricing options on the RingDNA website. It lists their solutions, but if you want more information on any of them, you’ll need to fill out the contact form and speak to one of their sales reps.
RingDNA (Revenue.io) best alternatives in 2022
When choosing a VoIP phone system, you must consider many factors. Look at the different features a solution has to offer and how much it costs. Although one solution may have a lower price, another may have better features for your business.
Also, you should consider the mobile capabilities and integrations with other tools, such as CRM or other management systems.
RingDNA looks like a good solution, but let’s take a look at some of its top competitors. What are their strengths and weaknesses? Continue reading to find out more.
RingDNA (Revenue.io) competitors: Ringblaze
Ringblaze is a revolutionary phone system that helps you run your business smoother. It allows customer support and sales teams to work together in real-time, improving their collaboration and effectiveness regardless of their physical location.
Who uses Ringblaze
Ringblaze is an affordable solution for small businesses and multi-location teams. It is widely used by e-commerce companies, travel agencies, marketing agencies, real estate companies, and financial services.
Our simple-to-use dashboard helps sales reps easily track leads, manage calls, share notes with colleagues, and stay on top of their daily tasks, improving sales performance in the process. Meanwhile, customer support representatives can quickly pull up information about a customer’s account to solve issues faster.
With Ringblaze tools, you can:
- Allow dashboard access to multiple users for shared call inbox and contacts
- Allow group calling to increase sales efficiency
- Record all of your calls and see the complete call history
- Leave call comments to keep team members on the same page
- Create multiple local, international, or custom phone numbers with free minutes
- Define call owners to remove confusion among team members
- Export calls and messages
Our customer support team is always available. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to check our knowledge base or FAQ page. For any other inquiries, we’re happy to assist via chat or email any time of the day.
Ringblaze offers you a chance to test the software before you buy it with a free trial. When signing up for our service, you can choose a monthly or annual subscription with a discount. The annual subscription is only $15 per user, making it an affordable option for businesses on a tight budget.
Ringblaze’s unique “Call Us Now” widget
Ringblaze helps you work globally and nurture real-time interactions with your website visitors thanks to the unique call us now button that improves your selling performance. You can place it on your website, your email signature, and even your blogs.
If you add our widget to your website, your customer can initiate a free phone call anytime, anywhere without any issue, and without any phone numbers or information needed. If you add it to your email signature, your customers will see a link they can click on to start a phone call with you.
It will increase engagement with your customers and help you provide great customer service.
RingBlaze vs RingDNA (Revenue.io): key differences
While RingDNA and Ringblaze both offer support and sales tools, they’re slightly different.
- RingDNA is inside sales software for streamlining sales operations.
- Ringblaze is more customer service-oriented.
- RingDNA is a good option for large enterprises, while Ringblaze is for SMEs, freelancers, and nonprofits.
- Ringblaze offers one pricing plan you can pay monthly or annually per user.
- RingDNA creates custom quotes based on your specific requirements.
If you are starting with business phone systems, we recommend Ringblaze as an affordable solution with multiple features and benefits for your business.
Sign up today and create your free account to test all available features!
RingDNA competitors: Kixie Integrated Voice
Kixie Integrated Voice is an AI-powered phone communication software focused on improving your sales results. It helps your sales and marketing teams boost sales and revenue of your company, improving the lead generation process and closing more deals.
It offers a PowerCall Chrome extension you can install on Mac, Windows, and Chromebooks to start calling your prospects immediately. It is easy to set up, so you don’t need any training or documentation to use it.
Who uses Kixie Integrated Voice
Kixie Integrated Voice is a good option for CRM users, account executives, SDR/BDRs, inside sales teams, enterprise sales teams, sales managers, and sales representatives.
It helps you measure and monitor your sales team’s productivity and optimize their performance. You can also evaluate and train team members and focus on productive and profitable activities for your company.
Kixie guides your sales team in the right direction
Kixie Integrated Voice boosts your sales team performance with automated sales calls and inbound and outbound SMS. It integrates with leading CRMs such as Hubspot, SalesForce, Zoho, Pipedrive, and more. With Kixie Integrated Voice, you can:
- Dial your prospects with local phone numbers
- Track and route all calls
- Record and store all calls
- See prospects’ information for every incoming call
- Record and send unlimited voicemails
Kixie Integrated Voice support
If you need help with Kixie, you can visit their help center on the official website. You will find useful information including guides, tutorials, and FAQs. Also, you can send them a ticket, contact them by email and chat with their customer service representative.
Kixie Integrated Voice pricing
If you want to test Kixie, you can start a free trial without adding your credit card. Kixie offers three pricing plans you can pay quarterly or annually with a 15% discount:
- Integrated plan costs $35 per month, billed quarterly
- Professional plan costs $65 per month, billed quarterly
- Outbound Powerdialer plan costs $95, billed quarterly
- The pricing for the Enterprise plan is not disclosed and you have to get a demo for it
Kixie Integrated Voice vs RingDNA: key differences
Now that we’ve discussed Kixies features, let’s compare them to RingDNA.
- Kixie has a power dialing feature that lets you call your leads automatically, while RingDNA offers manual one-click calling
- Kixie offers a click-to-call option you can use everywhere, while RingDNA lets you make your calls from Gmail, Salesforce, and Microsoft outlook
- Kixie integrates with many CRMs, while RingDNA integrates only with Salesforce
- Both tools offer local presence dialing, but Kixie lets you dial international numbers
- Kixie provides free mobile apps for Android and iOS, while RingDNA doesn’t
- Kixie’s support staff is available during US business hours
- Kixie offers a selection of pricing plans, while RingDNA creates custom quotes
RingDNA competitors: RingCentral
RingCentral helps companies improve efficiency, productivity and drive growth. It provides a cloud-based business phone system, team messaging, video and audio conferencing, and contact center solutions. It helps you communicate smarter with your customers, partners, and employees regardless of the location or device they are using.
Who uses RingCentral
Businesses of all sizes can use RingCentral, and it is widely popular in healthcare, contact tracing, financial and professional services, high-tech, education, retail, government, and nonprofits.
RingCentral improves your sales call
RingCentral simplifies and centralizes employee communications. It helps your employees answer calls from anywhere on any device to improve the quality of your customer service. With RingCentral, you can:
- Transfer existing numbers to your account
- Manage calls from a single location and set routing rules
- Make calls on your mobile devices while keeping your personal number private
- Route calls on a desk phone, smartphone, or cell
- Choose if you want to have an audio or video experience
- Get automatic voicemail transcriptions
RingCentral gives you many ways to contact support. You can send a ticket, engage with the community, communicate through live chat, connect on social media or call RingCentral to speak with a representative.
RingCentral pricing depends on the solution you choose, whether you’re going to pay your subscription monthly or annually, and the number of users you have. You can try each plan for free, and the starting price is $19.99/user/month.
RingDNA vs RingCentral: key differences
While RingDNA and RingCentral may look similar on the surface, there are some important differences:
- RingCentral supports more platforms than RingDNA, including mobile devices.
- RingCentral provides better training and support options.
- RingCentral is more customer service oriented while RingDNA is sales oriented.
- RingCentral has flexible and affordable plans, while RingDNA makes custom quotes.
- RingCentral offers more integration options than RingDNA.
RingDNA competitors: Salesloft
Salesloft helps you improve your sales pipeline and drive more revenue. It helps your sellers get in touch with leads, manage tasks, plan their next steps, and gather insights on buyers. Salesloft offers a Dialer+Messenger feature that lets you make one-click calls or send text messages seamlessly.
You can monitor all your sales activities that are synced back to the CRM you’re using. Also, you can use insights to see how your sales representatives are performing.
Who uses Salesloft
Salesloft is a good option for sales teams, customer success teams, sales development teams, full-cycle reps, and account executives working to drive more revenue. On the other hand, when we look at Salesloft customers by the industry, we see it is mostly used in computer software and information technology and services.
Salesloft offers features you can use to create sales funnels, nurture leads, and manage your sales teams. With Salesloft, you can:
- Connect with buyers on a cell phone or landline phone
- Use unlimited minutes to talk to prospects from the US, Canada, Caribbean, and Europe
- Log and record all your calls
- Use local area code to contact your prospects
- Create default or customized voicemail
- Send personalized text messages
- Assist your sales reps during live calls
If you need any help with Salesloft, you can visit their resource center or help center, contact support via phone or live chat, or send them an email.
Salesloft offers a wide array of pricing packages for your business, but pricing information is not publicly available. There is no free trial or free version of Salesloft, but you can request a free demo on their website.
RingDNA vs Salesloft: key differences
While we can define both RingDNA and Salesloft as sales software that you can use to increase your revenue there are some differences between them.
- RingDNA supports more platforms than Salesloft
- Salesloft offers more integration options than RingDNA
- Salesloft provides better support to its customers, including live chat and FAQs
- Salesloft has more training options than RingDNA, including in-person or live online training
- RingDNA is used in many industries, while Salesloft focuses on the IT industry
- RingDNA offers a free trial, while Salesloft doesn’t have a free version and doesn’t offer a free trial
RingDNA competitors: CallRail
CallRail is a call tracking and marketing analytics software that provides detailed insights into your marketing campaign’s performance. Call data from your Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, and more show you which of your ads are driving calls, which of your landing pages are converting, and what keywords are the best to use to get customers calling.
Who uses CallRail
CallRail is a good option for marketing agencies and marketing teams working with small and medium-sized companies who rely on phone calls to increase their revenue, for example, dentists, lawyers, car dealers, real estate agents, etc.
The call tracking feature creates a unique phone number to forward all customers’ calls to your existing phone number. It gathers insights about your calls that you can check online in real-time.
With CallRail, you can:
- Track any online or offline source you can put your phone number on
- Get access to lead information such as name, number, and location
- Record all your calls for training purposes
- Monitor all customers interaction with your business
- See the overall effectiveness of your marketing campaigns
- Improve your ROI by combining data from calls, text messages, and form submissions
- Monitor your sales and customer service teams performance
If you have an issue with CallRail, you can send them a ticket, visit their help center, search support articles, send them an email or contact them by phone.
CallRail has four pricing plans, and each plan includes a different set of features. You can test each plan with a 14-day free trial without adding your credit card.
If you decide to subscribe to the CallRail service, you can choose:
- Call Tracking plan for $45/month that includes 10 local numbers and 250 local minutes
- Conversation Analytics plan for $95/month
- Marketing Analytics plan for $95/month
- Analytics suite for $145/month
Right now they have a 20% off for Conversation Analytics and Analytics Suite plan until the end of June 2022.
CallRail also provides a Lead center that helps you call your users, send them text messages or chat with them using one centralized inbox. The price is not available publicly, but there is an option to start a free trial.
RingDNA vs CallRail: key differences
Now that we’ve covered the basics of CallRail’s features, let’s break down how it stacks up against RingDNA.
- CallRail is a good solution for small businesses, while RingDNA is a better solution for medium-sized businesses
- CallRail offers more than 75 integrations, while RingDNA integrates only with Salesforce and Twilio
- CallRail has deployment on Windows and Mac, RingDNA doesn’t
- CallRail helps you improve your marketing efforts, while RingDNA improves your sales results
- CallRail doesn’t offer CRM integrations, while RingDNA does
- CallRail is easier to use than RingDNA
- CallRail provides better support and training to its users than RingDNA
- CallRail has a flexible pricing structure with a free trial, while RingDNA offers custom quotes creation
RingDNA competitors: summary
To summarize our findings, we put together a comprehensive table that shows the key differentiators between the solutions to help you make an informed decision.
There are many different types of business phone software available. Choosing the right one for your needs is important, as it can make or break your customer service or sales efforts. You want your customers to feel like they’re being heard, and you want to be productive at the same time.
If you are looking for a reliable phone system that will allow your company to grow, you should choose Ringblaze as your solution. It will help you proactively address your customers’ needs, communicate better with them, be more efficient in your tasks, and minimize the risk of any human error.
If you want to try a VoIP provider, consider Ringblaze. Give it a go by clicking here. It is 100% free to try!
Originally published on October 19, 2021. Updated June 1, 2022.